Mission San Juan Capistrano was founded in 1716 in eastern Texas. In 1731, Mission San Juan was transferred to its present location with the stone church being completed in 1756. A bigger church was begun but later abandoned when the participating population declined leaving the structure half complete. Mission San Juan is now preserved by the National Park Service and open to visitors year round for the betterment and education of future generations.
Park Information: Click Here